Our Independant workshop exists only to repair and service bikes. We don't rely on selling parts to run our business. We encourage you to find great deals online for your parts or upgrades, and leave us to fit them professionally and safely. We can of course do this for you, and we promise to price match an in stock UK price.
We offer a range of off the shelf services, or can quote for any job you have in mind. Use these options as a guide of what to expect for your service investment
- Quite simply we replace a set of parts that have have worn out. This includes:
- Inner Tubes
- Brake Pads
- Inner Brake or Gear Cables
- Grips or Bar Tape
We will ensure these new parts are set up and adjusted correctly. This can also include setting up tubeless tyres and glueing tubular tyres. If more than 2 consumables need replacing we will recommend our next service level up and ensure your bike leaves us roadworthy and reliable.
- This is for replacing a couple of broken or worn parts and getting you back out riding again. This might include things like:
- Replacing a bent derailleur & hanger
- Replace broken spoke and straighten wheel
- Replace a worn chain and cassette
- Install a new cable set and wrap bar tape
- Bleed a set of hydraulic brakes
We will ensure these new parts are set up and adjusted correctly. We can source parts for you via Lakes Cycles, or you shop online for a bargain and deliver the parts to us directly. Just ask if you need help with part numbers and dimensions.
A great option for a tune up, lube and safety check.
We will run through a full 'M-Check' with you and highlight any work we think needs doing. If a lot of work is required it may be worth going straight to a full service.
This is also a great option for building a bike that may have been purchased online, or for checking over a 2nd hand purchace, giving you peace of mind that it is roadworthy and safe.
For high performance bikes we recommended this service once a year. We strip both frame and wheels for a thorough clean and degrease. When we reassemble your bike we will fit fresh gear and brake cables included in the price (you can choose to upgrade to high performance cables if you choose). This service leaves your bike looking and feeling like new and includes everything below:
- Clean, face and rebuild headset
- Strip, clean, rebuild and grease both front and rear hubs
- True/Tension wheels, clean rims and check tyres
- Check & fit brake pads and rotors if required
- Clean brake calipers and align, bleed or replace cables
- Remove, clean and oil drivetrain, replace worn parts
- Fit new gear cables, and adjust and index gears
- Full bolt torque check
- Remove, clean & grease seat post
- Clean and polish frame
Parts at extra cost if needed. We are happy to price match, or let you source your own parts. This service does not include frame pivot bolts, suspension servicing or wheel building from scratch.
- The ultimate Mountain Bike Service. We will do all the work outlined in our 'Full Service' but adds:
- Rear Shock basic service; clean, replace seals, oil and hardware
- Front suspension service; clean, replace wiper seals, replace damper oil
- Bleed dropper post
- Replace brake fluid and bleed
- Pivot bearings replaced or re greased
- Replace tubeless sealant
We can adjust the cost of this service to suit the parts on your bike, for instance you may not run tubeless tyres, or your wheels might be brand new and not in need of a service.
For Hardtail Mountain Bikes just add a suspension fork service to the 'Full Service' option.