Our approach to training is about you making ongoing intelligent decisions with your valuable training time.
Although a prescribed training plan has its merits, the best plan requires considerable feedback and fine tuning that is often beyond reach of ameture athletes. Although we offer this service in some circumstances, our core belief is that education to make intelligent decisions about you and your training is a much more valuable investment.
This 1 Month Plan is designed to get you prepared, set up, and ready to make good decisions about your health & fitness and join our regular group classes with maximum confidence.
• 2 x Cycling meetings with our coaching team. One will be a fitness assessment involving Oxygen monitoring, power and Heart Rate. One will be a coached workout to talk through the data live.
• 2 x Gym meetings with our personal trainers. 1 will be to asses your mobility, body composition and metabolism, and a safety induction. The other will be a kettlebell and barbell technique 1:1 to prepare you for classes or activities on your plan.
• XERT Premium to track your fitness and prepare your training
• Access Mapdec Facilities after your induction meetings you will be able to use Mapdec Facilities and Classes like a regular member.
• End of Plan Debrief to help you take the next steps.
• Full Instructions & Support to get you set up with technology to support your training. Once set up most training can be done remotely.
Discovering your limitations is the first step in making an efficient plan to improve.
• Resting Metabolic Test - Discover your true calorie requirement to help with a weight management plan. £60
• VO² Performance Test - A cycling step test to establish training zones to relative watts and heart rate. Also known as Cardiopulmonary Exercise Test, The absolute gold standard in fitness assessment. (CPET) £100
• Muscle Oxygen Test - A 5-1-5 test with a Moxy Monitor to determine muscle oxygen saturation as a limiter to performance. £100
• Functional Threshold Power Test (FTP) Now often done on home trainers, this 20min test can benefit from a coaches input to help pacing and accuracy. £40
After the test you will be sent a full report and video analysis, along with an invitation to answer questions it raised.
There are many testing protocols designed to provide insight into various aspects of your health and fitness. Talk to us, and together we will investigate, and strategise a way forward.Contact Us
Get everything you need to succeed.
We have a very limited capacity to offer a long term fully coached package, and when we do it is highly customised and involves a lot of contact time.
This extra support we offer is generally short term and can be vital to help prepare for an important event, or recover from illness or injury.
Often this is an extension to our accelerated induction and helps athletes on the path to self coaching.
So ask them! If you would like a call back, please leave your number.
We are always available for a quick chat after a fitness class, or drop in to the studio in the daytime for a chat.