Please go to Kendal College to enrol on this course (link below)
This is an excellent opportunity to learn cycle mechanics. Held in our lively Cycle Studio and the adjacent Lakes Cycles store, this City & Guilds qualification in bicycle maintenance is delivered by the Mapdec Cycle Works team and administered by Kendal College. It is a free course for successful completion by attending the 5 evening sessions. To enrol on this course please go to the course information page on the Kendal College website.
The course lasts 5 weeks. Monday evenings from 6pm to 9pm. There are 3 practical sessions where we work through gears, brakes and wheels. The other 3 demo/theory sessions cover bottom brackets, head sets, position set ups, compatibilities, safety checks, and lots of info to guide you through becoming more confident with your bike.
The next course starts on Tuesday 3rd October 2017 at 6pm.
The Mountain Bike course will follow these modules:
- Carrying out a systematic safety check.
- Repairing a puncture - including tubeless systems
- Remove and replace Rim brake assembly (mandatory)
- Remove and replace mechanical gear assembly
- Remove and replace disc brake assembly
- Remove and replace Bottom Brackets
- Suspension set up